- Altitude : 2134 meter
- Area : 1144 Sq. Kilometer
- Nearest Airport : Bagdogra – 89 Kilometer (Flights from - to Kolkata / Guwahati / New Delhi)
- Nearest Meter / Broad Gauge Railway Station : NJP – 90 kilometer (Trains from - to Kolkata/Assam/ New Delhi)
- Nearest Narrow Gauge Railway Station : Darjeeling
- Nearest Entry Point from Nepal Border : Kakarvita – 99 Kilometer (Bus/ Taxi service)
- Road Transport : Regular Taxi and Bus service available from Kolkata / Siliguri / Bagdogra / Nepal border.
- Clothing : Normally - Light Woolens - April to September. Heavy Woolens - October to March.
Darjeeling is connected to rest of India by the following modes
Nearest airport is 93 Km from Darjeeling is Bagdogra international airport (IXB) in Siliguri. Jet Airways, Indian and Deccan air operate a number of flights to connect Bagdogra to Kolkata, Guwahati and New Delhi. From here, you could take a Taxi directly to Darjeeling, Sikkim, kalimpong etc.
90 km from Darjeeling is Siliguri. Tenzing Norgay Bus Stand, Sikkim Nationalized Transport and the Dooars Bus Stand are in Siliguri town. Ample transport is available from here to Darjeeling, Sikkim, Guwahati, Kalimpong, Bhutan, Nepal, Bangladesh etc. The most popular modes of transport are Taxi, Jeep and bus. Four wheelers can be shared also.
New Jalpaiguri (NJP) is the nearest Railway Station, which is well connected to the rest of Indian stations like Delhi, Kolkata,Cheenai,Mumbai etc.Toy train connects NJP junction to Darjeeling. Normally, you would only find Tourists specially foreigner and outstation using this mode, as the locals prefer the much faster road route. Broad Gauge , Narrow Gauge and Meter Gauge are unique to this station only.